Winter

In the cloud of brisk cherubic beauty
I tilt my free face 
Free from makeup
Free from worry
To inhale the sky

The grey but never gloomy sky
It is a reflection of the snow
And it blindingly glows 

I watch wisps of cotton dance around the sun-kissed peaks
The brightness of day fades the horizon
Each silhouette points to heaven

Touched by the sun is the blanket of snow
A quarry of diamonds waiting to be known 

I am not alone
I am surrounded by the black eyes of Aspens all around
Watching me as I marvel at their branches
Frosted with snow as abundant as that of a iced Christmas treat

The absence of hue 
In this valley of tones
Welcomes a light that is new
True beauty that few seem to know

A juxtaposition 
Of light and dark 
The masterpiece of opposition 
Making its royal mark

Comments