Beautiful Creations


To escape from the stress
To again smell the dirt
To create a beautiful mess
Of dried flowers in the pockets of sweatshirts

To paddle upstream
And make it a race
To sing with the trees
And their spirits embrace

To follow the trails
Kind hooves left behind
And discover avail
Of a fallen gold leaf mine

To be stalked by the crickets
And robbed by the mice
To be watched by the moose
And intrigued by dragonflies

To relish in air
Full of pine smells 
Full of aspen secrets 
And protected by 
Peaks that surround

I long to sit on a rock
To look out and see
Creations far more beautiful 
Than any mere fantasy 

 Or to stare at the stars
Through and opening of trees
They are the sand of the sky
And sublime is what fills me

I will stand all amazed
I will clutch tight this gift
That our creator has made
For us, to revive, to uplift

Comments