Knowing


There will never be 
a day when I shall cease 
to be struck by the vast, inconceivable beauty
Of the sky

And whence it beckons my spirit to excel beyond the earthly force that pins me down beneath, I wonder if someday 
Will I truly fly, with such a divine chorus on high?

I wonder when I see the towers of the woodland commune with the wind and the bud of a rose beginning to bloom, “there is something much better”, is it really true?

Sinuous surety winds through my mind. Contrasting claims exclaimed with such confidence  cause me to wonder once again, which is right?

I escape to my solace, my sure source of truth, to know for myself of the plan which brought me here, to this place.

Answers rarely come in words, for how lumbering are words,
Mine is a feeling so certain and clear
A longing for a home, unremembered yet so dear
A peace in the one whose sacrifice was for all 
Because of love and our potential to be whole

I know with a fire burning inside 
There’s something much greater 
Some divine plan, refined
and I’m coming to see each part in this act plays the most  earnest part
and soon all ends will combine to finally exclaim
the one perfect truth of him that rescued you and me
All shall praise this glorious being


Comments